Learn photographic lighting from a people photographer that has shot the cover of Time Magazine, Sports Illustrated, and USA Weekend Magazine. Reed Rahn set the bar for commercial lighting by becoming the first photographer inventor to create the internal scrim for the soft box; he distributed the product through world-class company Chimera Lighting! "The Chimera Screem would become the tool for such famous photographers as Richard Avedon, and Anne Leibovitz. After his success with Screems he pushed forward to develop one more lighting tool called Color Cap’s.
This Photographic lighting seminar will also be conducted by long time friend people photographer Dan Coogan how has also worked for the best business magazines in the world, and like Reed has photographed major advertisements, and annual reports for the biggest corporations in America!
Lighting Techniques Covered
- High Key Lighting, And Dropout white High Key Backgrounds: A most for anyone that wants to shoot for today’s clients! Reed & Dan will take you through 3 different techniques. See how you to can photograph people in white clothing on a white background’s! Learn exposure techniques, and trouble-shooting problems of flare in your lens! Experience the different types of white surfaces you can use to photograph your subject to create the High Key Look! (2.5 hrs)
- Creating Dramatic Highlights On Subjects make your subject’s pop of the page. Create dimension and depth to your subjects throw background, and side lighting. (1hr)
- Forgiving Light: create lighting for people that have complexion problems or facial problems, learn how to deal with like wide noses. (1hr)
Break For Lunch (1hr)
- Grid Lighting: accentuate a beautiful model with Spot lighting. (1hr)
- Two Lights Out Of One: learn how to us one main light and make it look like two lights on you background, and your subject. (1hr)
- Stop Action Lighting: learn the lighting techniques to stop action with athlete portraits. (1hr)
- Large Group Lighting: learn how to light large groups of people. (1hr)
- North Light & Window light (maybe... depends on time)
This full a day seminar is only $300.00 per photographer and limited to 20 students! Call 602.540-8047.
If you register before October 4th you can attend for $250.00. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from two masters of lighting of over 50 years of creating amazing images! The seminar is October 19th or the 20th 2013 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. We take an hour for lunch, and 2 short breaks!
Location: Should know in next two weeks.